Travel & Hospitality
Curiosity to see the world and bad weather are undeniably the leading drivers for the majority of travellers. Tailoring the messages for each customer segment requires advanced insights about the customer decision-making journey.
Majority of the travel & accommodation purchases are done through online channels, but the actual decision-making process starts way before the customer visits the company’s website or price comparison sites. Time-series analysis helps to uncover how different online and offline channels contribute in the sales performance.
On- and off-seasons
While the major peak seasons for the travel & hospitality industries are easy to predict, it is difficult to optimize marketing activities in terms of top-of-mind. Additionally, off-seasons provide lucrative business potential for those who reach the right customer segments.
Cross-selling & CLV
Acquiring new customers is the first and foremost KPI for marketing campaigns, but it is also crucial to monitor how the customers behave during (additional services at the destination) and after the trip (brand loyalty).
Omnichannel analytics. Even though almost every flight and hotel booking is purchased through online, offline channels have an important role in branding the destinations, the brand and its services and the overall journey experience before the customer makes the decision to visit the site. Inspiration drawn from TV-commercials, travel fairs and word-of-mouth can be evaluated in terms of sales by analyzing campaigns’ short-and long-term impacts for specific destination and on overall level (spillover effects). Sellforte’s comprehensive analytics reveals:
- How brand advertising, content marketing and promotional campaigns bring sales in offline & online channels (ROMI for each media)
- Which destinations and marketing messages perform well in each channel
- How marketing channels perform during different time periods
On- and off-seasons. Holidays mark the peak seasons for majority of the travellers, but the marketing campaigns are often rolled out months before the actual vacation. Companies with fixed budgets and flexible media & campaign plans can benefit greatly from having continuously updated marketing metrics that take into account booking rates and weather data, constantly reviewing what are the most profitable channels and promotion prices for each destination. Outside peak seasons, off-season & business travellers form a substantial market that requires continuous marketing activities to stay in consumers’ top-of-mind. With Sellforte’s intuitive software, managers can:
- Implement adaptive media and campaign plan with weekly/daily updated metrics from domestic and international marketing activities
- Include internal and external data sources such as weather, occupancy rate, Google Trends and competitor price data to make the insights more realistic
- Test which marketing messages and marketing investment levels drive the best sales uplifts outside peak seasons
Cross-selling and CLV. In addition to full occupancy rates, marketing effectiveness can be evaluated through up/cross-selling transactions and long-term sales performance by including loyalty data to the analytics. Finding the means to attract customers that are willing to spend more money during the trip on additional services or by upgraded classes unlocks the short-term profitability potential, whereas acquiring new customers that remain loyal to the brand with distinctive marketing messages that truly resonate with the audience increases the long-term profits. Sellforte’s software enables loyalty data integrations, resulting detailed insights about:
- Who are the most profitable customers and how to reach them
- What is the yearly churn rate and how to minimize it
- How to create attractive and effective loyalty programs for different customer segments
Concrete benefits for different roles in company
- Clear understanding of what is the optimal monthly media investment level and how to allocate it between different channels
- Metrics to estimate how long-term brand marketing affects sales growth in the long run
- Transparency in how offline media and marketing messages drive traffic to the website
- Insights into which customer segments to focus on for maximum sales and margin impact
- Predicable commercial performance for upcoming months when uploading media and campaign plan